Matyushino: immersion in the reality
Way of travelling
- by own vehicle (parking space is provided near the house of B. Mamonov – 10 conventional units (c.u.) per day)
- by an electric train Moscow – Tula together with B. Mamonov accompanied by special staff creating an authentic atmosphere of a typical suburban train.
A detached two-storeyed house surrounded with a garden facing the garden plot of an artist I. Pchelnikov.
(see Trip 1)
A tent set in the garden of B. Mamonov. The tent is provided by the travel agency Escape. It’s allowed to make a fire and to cook food on the spot. The clients are entitled to use fruits and vegetables from Mamonov’s garden.
Toilet, shower (outside).
No meal is provided.
The cost of the tour is 700 c.u. for the period of 10 days. Stay prolongation is possible by the client’s request.
By the electric train Moscow – Tula only.
(see Trip 1)
The attic in the Mamonovs’ house in the company of Mamonov’s family (the artist’s wife and three children aged 2,6 and 8). The client gets a possibility of a complete immersion in the atmosphere of the artist’s life. The attic where the tenant is to stay is used as a studio by Mamonov.
Thus the client has a chance to get a feel of the place where the famous works of the artist were created: “Romeo and Juliet”, “The portrait of Unknown”, “The portrait of Yakutiya President”.
Electric cooker, fridge and toilet, shower (outside).
An extra folding-bed is available.
Breakfast, tiffin, lunch, tea, dinner in the company of Mamonov’s family. All meals are cooked by Tatyana Ilyina (the artist’s wife).
The tour cost is 1000 c.u. for the period of 10 days without a possibility of prolongation.
Services provided by the travel agency Escape over the tour period.
1) Morning strolls before breakfast in the artist’s company, the route is chosen by the client, stroll length is 30 minutes on client’s wish.
2) Outside painting together with the artist. Techniques (oil, watercolors, gouache) and motif are chosen by the client. 1 hour and 30 minutes.
3) Sport games together with the artist (table tennis, football, volleyball, badminton, squash, swimming) 1 hour.
4) Sunset watching in the company of the artist and an authentic Russian peasant – a man or a woman recommended by B. Mamonov. 30 minutes.
5) An excursion to the church of St. Alexander Kritskiy the martyr (a 17th century monument of architecture) with mass attendance.
6) Visiting the houses of neighboring artists without watching their work and having meals. 1 hour twice a week.
At clients’ disposal there are four ponds for swimming, washing and fishing, fruit and vegetable gardens, sport lawns, and any entertainment available in the country. The services are free of charge.
Services for extra charge.
1) Meals in the company of Mamonov and his family
(for Trip1 and 2) 30 c.u. for one meal.
2) The client’s portrait painted by B. Mamonov. Daily sittings for 1-2 hours. 3000 c.u.
3) Sunrise watching in the artist’s company. 30c.u.
4) Forest hikes to the artist’s favorite places. 20c.u.
5) An excursion to the cemetery to the grave of A. Zurov and a story of his life (the guide is Kirill Mamonov, the artist’s father) – 50 c.u., at night – 100 c.u.
6) A game of preference, bridge or other card game with B. Mamonov after 11p.m. – 50 c.u.
7) Fishing with B.Mamonov. (Fishing rods are free of charge). In the morning – 40c.u. in the evening – 30c.u.
8) Visiting A. Petrov’s studio with watching his works – 60 c.u.
9) Dinner with Ishina’s family (G. Ishina’s cooking specialities see further) 100c.u. per person.
meals accompanied by Russian folk songs sang by G. Ishina – 150c.u.
10) Mushroom-picking hike along the paths of G. Ishina – 10c.u. for each found mushroom.
11) Night swimming with B. Mamonov (pond is chosen by the client) – 50c.u.
12) An excursion “To Philippych” which includes visiting home theatre of The Bolshoy Theatre singer Nikolay Philippovich and listening to arias from operas “Eugene Onegin”, “Life for the Tzar”, “Ruslan and Ludmila” etc…
Besides the client has an opportunity to enjoy traditional Russian activities, such as haymaking, sawing and chopping firewood, stoking, gardening, tree planting etc. (included in the tour cost).